Friday, April 18, 2008

Starlite, starbright...


Recently I made my sophomore voyage to Starlite. On my first visit I had a most exquisite meatloaf wrapped in bacon with what may be the most wonderful of all bourbon's, Pappy Van Winkle (I had the 15 year).

I may have felt the presence of an old soul on this visit but it wasn't until the other night where I learned that Starlite not only shares a vibe with my most beloved of bygone girth spots (RIP Region) but also employs some of the old staff including Kate who is now the bar manager and a wizard of mixology.

Needless to say I was quite pleased by the revelation and plan on libating (word?) myself here regularly. And of course, adventuring in girth.

Here's to bacon (which I will be wrapped in upon my departing this world) and Pappy's 15.

No comments: